National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 300 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN has been working for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities by contributing to Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation, ensuring the representation of persons with disabilities in the decision-making process, capacity building of Organizations of persons of disabilities (OPDs) and other stakeholders, implementation of CRPD and disability-specific national legal frameworks and awareness raising on disability rights. As the representative of most marginalized communities, NFDN is recognized as the pioneer and facilitator for bringing disability-related policies and laws in Nepal.
NFDN is seeking qualified staff for the following positions and interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply under the following ToR.
Position: Field Officer
Number of Staff Needed: 1 (One)
- Duty Station: NFDN’s Province Office – Province Number 1, with frequent field visits in the districts or respective province as per the need of programs and projects to be implemented by NFDN in the province.
To lead the effective implementation of the Disability prevention and rehabilitation program in Province 1.
Responsibility 1: Leadership and Management
Lead and manage the implementation of Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program activities/interventions.
• Provide technical and managerial support to all CBR facilitators and Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program as a focal person.
• Support to maintain up-to-date financial records of Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program activities and ensure compliance of financial activities with NFDN policy and prevailing law of the state.
• Build the capacity of CBR facilitators through short-term training on CBR management and on-site coaching in collaboration with the Training and Leadership Development Section
Responsibility 2: Planning
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual work plans.
• Ensure the CBR facilitator has developed case-wise plan of improvement for children and adults having severe disabilities.
• Compile Palika-level annual plan.
• Ensure rehabilitation goal and plan has been developed for all the identified persons with disabilities.
• Support CBRF to develop a list of persons with disability with their specific needs in the last month of the year.
Responsibility 3: Implementation
• Assessment of children and adults with disability with assessment tools.
• Support in collecting /compiling data on Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program.
• Facilitate in managing assistive devices and medical treatment of children and adults with disabilities.
• Prepare and update the list of children and adults with disabilities of the project areas.
• Provide technical support in the Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program works of NFDN.
• Update assessment tools as and when needed.
• Implement the assessment of persons with disabilities in the project area in collaboration with the team.
• Visit households of children and adults with disability continuously.
• Evaluate the condition of persons with disabilities in the project area and help the concerned staff to make an improvement plan.
• Ensure that necessarily available intervention is provided to children and adults with disabilities.
• Facilitate skill development training and capacity building of children and adults with disabilities and their families.
• Facilitate to develop and conduct awareness and advocacy strategies in relation to the rights of children and adults with disabilities.
Responsibility 4: Monitoring and Supervision
• Supervision of the works of CBRF in the community.
• Monitor and supervise the disability profile and the various disability assessment forms prepared by CBRF.
• Monitor and document the changes in the Quality of Life (QoL) of children/persons with disabilities of the project areas.
Responsibility 5: Coordination and Communication
• Coordinate with concerned organizations for treatment, assistive devices, and other services.
• Coordination with departments/sections within the organization for timely and effective implementation of activities and avoiding duplication of work.
• Make necessary coordination and networking with concerned stakeholders at the district and Palika level.
• Organize regular meetings with the CBRFs and stakeholders and share progress, challenges, and learning a way forward.
• Ensure prompt reporting to the province manager and federal office including challenges, learning, information on local dynamics, or any other information that is relevant to project implementation, and maintain regular communication with the coordinator
Responsibility 6: Reporting and Documentation
• Maintain documentation and record of all Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program works.
• Ensure profiles of children and adults with disabilities and other documents are properly maintained by CBRF in each Palikas.
• Report the ongoing development progress of Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program works
• Ensure timely submission of the plan and report to the Province manager.
• Update and document current national as well as international initiatives and trends on CBR and prevention of disability-related issues and share with the NFDN team as and when necessary
Responsibility 7: Others
• Provides assistance in other NFDN projects whenever asked
• Coordinate with all NFDN staff as and when necessary
• other responsibilities as assigned by the coordinator
- Physical Demands
Visit regularly to program areas as and when required.
- Having a motorcycle driving license is necessary.
- Preferred qualifications and experience:
- At least a Master’s degree in Humanity, Social Science, management, or any field as per recognized by the Nepal government. (Sociology or disability study is preferred).
- Having Nepali Citizenship.
- Sound skills and knowledge of operating basic computer office packages (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint) with good skills in the internet, email, and social media.
- Good verbal communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Skill in using data collection and analysis tools is desirable.
- Good presentation skills in both Nepali and English language.
- Good skills in coordination, team plays, and rapport building with diverse stakeholders such as government, OPDs, and CBOs at the community and province levels.
- Good skills in activity planning and coordination, implementation, reporting, and documentation.
- Good skills for reporting by using given tools and format.
- Basic training facilitating skills on the various issues of disabilities with a special focus on advocacy, access to justice, and accessibility.
- At least three years of professional working experience in the sector of disability rights promotion at the province level with proven expertise in activism on the rights of a marginalized community.
- Good experience in advocacy work, and coordination with local and provincial government authorities.
- Sound experience in working with various disabled people’s organizations or groups of people with disabilities at the community level.
- Good experience working with different impairment groups at the province level.
- How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to drop their CV with the handwritten application, PP-size photograph, and citizenship with academic and experience documents by 17th of January 2023 at NFDN province no. -1 Biratnagar in between 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. or send mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.nfdn.org.np for more information.
- Salaries and other benefits: – As per organizational rule.
The last date for submitting an application: 19th January, 2023, 4 PM.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written tests and interviews. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Qualified and Competent Persons with Disabilities or his/her family, Women, Dalits, and people from marginalized communities will be given special privileges.