National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 335 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN is seeking for qualified personnel for the position to work in its province 1 office at Biratnagar.
A. Position: Program Assistant
Number of Staff: 1
Duty Station: NFDN’s Province Office – Biratnagar with frequent field visit as per the need of programs and project
Required qualification, skills and experiences
- Completed Minimum 10+2 or equivalent. (Accounting background is preferred)
- Good Skill and knowledge of filing, recording keeping and account keeping
- Good verbal and written skill of communication in Nepali.
- Fluent in computer typing in Nepali and English (Including Unicode)
- Good in handling basic computer programs (Ms. Word, Excel, Power Point), email and internet
- Persons having skill and knowledge of account keeping will be in priority
- Having good knowledge in disability issues and disability specific laws and policies
- Person having working experience in disability field will be in priority
- Skill and knowledge of drafting and dispatching letters
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work as the main supporting hand of the program officer, provincial president, secretary and treasurer for their day to day office business.
- Handle the secretarial works (handling reception desk, delivering message, managing meeting schedule, drafting letter, entering data and typing report or documentation, keeping records, filing etc.) as per the guidance and direction of program officer or province board.
- Do official communication as per the guidance and consultation of program officer and province board
- Provide counselling and disability related information to the visitors and beneficiaries who come at office for the same purpose.
- Support for account keeping of all financial activities and collection of necessary supporting documents.
- Carry out the work related to banking (deposit and collection of cheque or cash, collection of different bank statements etc.) and letter dispatching.
- Support to the program officer and board member for management while conducting training, orientation, advocacy meetings, interaction, workshops
- Carry out necessary official field work as per the direction of program officer and province board
How to Apply
- Fill the short form and send it to us in the given mail address. To download the form please click here.
- Submit a Cover Application letter and your Updated CV
- Submit all three documents (short form, cover application letter and updated CV) via email in firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date of submission: 6th November, 2019 (Kartik 20, 2076)
Note: Qualified and Competent Persons with Disabilities, Women, Dalits and people from marginalized communities will be given special privilege.