National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is a national cross disability umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing 335 member organizations throughout the country. This is a social organization which has been working for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities for last 25 years. The key organizational strategy of NFDN is Advocacy, Awareness, Capacity Building and Networking & Collaboration.
NFDN is seeking for qualified personnel for the following position to work under the project agreed with Myrights, a Sweden based International Non-Governmental Organizations working for disability rights promotion.
Position: National Project Officer (Prgoram Officer)
Duty Station: NFDN’s Project office, Kathmandu (with frequent field visit to project sites)
Required Academic Qualification:
At least bachelor Degree completed (Master degree is preferable) in Management or financial accounting or business studies.
- At least 3 years working experiences in NGO sector in management level (experiences of disability sectors is preferred)
Expected Skills, Knowledge and attitudes
- Strong communication, coordination and team building skills with good skill in making case studies, news and articles.
- Strong knowledge of program designing, planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Strong verbal and written English and Nepali language skills.
- Excellent computer skills in operating Windows and MS office pack with sound skill and knowledge on handling email, internet, social media, searching and referencing data and information from internet etc.
- Knowledge of disability issues, disability related laws and policy, rights based approach of disability, human rights and human rights instruments including and UNCRPD.
- Good Skill and knowledge to develop tools and formats, techniques for monitoring, reporting, storing data of project and analyzing it.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Overall day to day management of the project activities in partnership with Myrights under the supervision and guidance of administrative manager.
- Prepare Project implementation plan and ensure the effective Implement the project activities
- Conduct necessary training, workshop, orientations session as per the requirement of the project.
- Develop capacities of the provincial units of the project, monitor their work and mobilize them for different activities of the project targeted to the province level.
- Collect data and information related to the implementation, progress, output, outcomes, challenges, problems of the project, document it and produce different reports as per the need.
- Make articles, case studies, report of the progress of the activities to publish in the website of NFDN
- Produce periodic project reports in the given format and submit to the Partners, NFDN’s relevant agencies and government agencies.
- Represent as the key representative of the project in the different project related meeting with various stakeholders.
- Coordinate with partners, different units of NFDN, government agencies, Disabled Peoples Organizations to ensure their involvement and participation in the project.
- Monitor the project activities, guide the project staffs as per the observation and ensure that the project is implemented in line with the set objectives and expected outcomes.
- Establish smooth coordination and linkage among NFDN and partner organizations.
- Support NFDN working committee and Admin Manager as per requirement.
Deadline for the submission: May 29, 2018
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to apply in this position by submitting an job application letter and recently updated CV at our email address: email@example.com. Please also mention the title of the position you are applying in the subject line of your email message.
Note: Any telephonic inquiry will not be entertained and only shortlisted candidate will be called for interview.
“Since NFDN is working for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities, the qualified women/persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.”