National Federation of The Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 335 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN is seeking qualified personnel for the following position to work in the districts where the project is being implemented.
Position: Disability Inclusion Facilitator (volunteers)
Number of volunteers needed: 4
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Sindhupalchowk, and Kavrepalanchowk Districts
- Required qualification, skills, and experiences
- Completed Minimum +12 or with the ability to communicate, read, write reports, and preferably basic understanding of English.
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Personal experience in living and working with a disability will be a priority
- Well connected with local Disabled People Organization or self-help group in the district
- Basic knowledge on the rights of people with disabilities.
- Skill and knowledge on strong coordination with partners and stakeholders and co-workers.
- Skill and knowledge of drafting and dispatching letters.
- Good in handling basic computer programs (Ms. Word, Excel, Powerpoint), email, and the internet
- Having good knowledge of disability issues and disability-specific laws and policies
- A person having working experience in disability field will be in priority
- Key duties and responsibilities
- Work as the main supporting hand of the project team and motivate people with disabilities and their family for income generation activities.
- Inspire and build relationships with the partner organizations and member organizations of NFDN and others members of cooperatives, Traders, business,es etc if required.
- Raise awareness on disability and inclusion
- Provide support on the “how” of disability inclusion
- Provide counseling and disability-related information to the beneficiaries and another local-level stakeholders.
- Link farmers with disabilities with self-help groups/FPOs/traders/employers for employment, schemes and support them to access finance opportunities.
- Monitor and support inclusion in practice
- Support to the program officer and board member for management while conducting training, orientation, advocacy meetings, interaction, workshops
Note: A Disability Inclusion Facilitator works as a part of a team of facilitators and will work under the guidance of the Project Coordinator of NFDN.
- HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates have to do as said following to apply
Fill the short form attached and To download the form please short-form.
Write an application letter in English
Submit the Application Letter, completed Short Form attaching your latest CV to the email address email@example.com.
Last date for submission: April 23, 2021.
Note: Any application submitted without mentioning the name of a person, position to apply, province office to apply, and crossing the deadline will be disqualified. NFDN does have the right to accept or reject the application during any stage of the recruitment process.
Qualified and Competent persons with disabilities, women, dalit and persons from other marginalized community will be given special privileges.