National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 335 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN is seeking qualified personnel for the following position to work in its office at Butwal (Lumbini Province)
Position: Program Assistant
Number of Staff: 1
Duty Station: NFDN’s Province Office – Butwal with a frequent field visit to as the need of programs and project
Required qualification, skills and experiences
- Completed Minimum 10+2 or equivalent. (Accounting background is obligatory)
- Good Skill and knowledge of filing, recording keeping and account keeping
- Good verbal and written skill of communication in Nepali.
- Fluent in computer typing in Nepali and English (Including Unicode)
- Good in handling basic computer programs (Ms. Word, Excel, Powerpoint), email and internet
- Skill and knowledge of account keeping
- Having good knowledge in disability issues and disability specific laws and policies
- Person having working experience in disability field will be in priority
- Skill and knowledge of drafting and dispatching letters
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work as the main supporting hand of the program officer, province president, secretary and treasurer for their day to day office business.
- Handle the secretarial works (handling reception desk, delivering the message, managing meeting schedule, drafting letter, entering data and typing report or documentation, keeping records, filing etc.) as per the guidance and direction of program officer or province board.
- Do official communication as per the guidance and consultation of program officer and board
- Provide counseling and disability-related information to the visitors and beneficiaries who come at the office for the same purpose.
- Handle the account keeping of all financial activities and collection of necessary supporting documents.
- Carry out the work related to banking (deposit and collection of cheque or cash, collection of different bank statements, etc.) and letter dispatching.
- Support to the program officer and board member for management while conducting training, orientation, advocacy meetings, interaction, workshops.
- Collect information and documents needed for reporting and prepare the draft reports when necessary as per the guidance of the program officer.
- Carry out necessary official fieldwork as per the direction of program officer and province board
How to Apply
- Interested candidates can apply with a Cover Application letter and Updated CV at the National Federation of the Disabled–Nepal (NFDN), Via Email: email@example.com by 9th November 2020.
- Candidates should fill the short form attached with the vacancy and click here to —– short form
- Each candidate should clearly mention the name of the position and name of the province in the cover letter and in the subject line of the email as well.
- The application submitted without an updated CV and short form will automatically be disqualified.
Application Deadline: 9th November 2020.
Note: Competent Persons with Disabilities, Women, Dalits, and people from marginalized communities will be given special privileges.