VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR FIELD OFFICER
First date of publication: – 4th January 2023
Revacancy date :- 18th January 2023
National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 300 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN has been working for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities by contributing for disability Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation, ensuring the representation of persons with disabilities in decision-making process, capacity building of Organizations of persons of disabilities (OPDs) and other stakeholders, implementation of CRPD and disability-specific national legal frameworks and awareness raising on disability rights. As the representative of most marginalized communities NFDN is recognized as the pioneer and facilitator for bringing disability-related policies and laws in Nepal.
NFDN is seeking qualified staff for the following positions and interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply under the following ToR.
- Position: Field Officer
Number of Staffs Needed: 1 (One)
Duty Station: NFDN’s Province Office – Province Number 1, with frequent field visits in the districts or respective province as per need of programs and projects to be implemented by NFDN in the province.
To lead effective implementation of Disability prevention and rehabilitation program in Province Number-1.
Responsibility 1: Leadership and Management
Lead and manage implementation of Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program activities/interventions.
• Provide technical and managerial support to all CBR facilitators and Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program as a focal person.
• Support to maintain up-to-date financial records of Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program activities and ensure compliance of financial activities with NFDN policy and prevailing law of the state.
• Build capacity of CBR-facilitators through short-term training on CBR management and on-site coaching in collaboration with Training and Leadership Development Section
Responsibility 2: Planning
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual work plan.
• Ensure CBR facilitator has developed case wise plan of improvement for children and adults having severe disabilities.
• Compile Palika level annual plan.
• Ensure rehabilitation goal and plan has been developed for all the identified persons with disabilities.
• Support to CBRF to develop list of person with disability with their specific need in last month of the year.
Responsibility 3: Implementation
• Assessment of children and adults with disability with assessment tools.
• Support in collecting /compiling data of Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program.
• Facilitate in managing assistive device and medical treatment of children and adults with disabilities.
• Prepare and update list of children and adults with disabilities of the project areas.
• Provide technical support in Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program works of NFDN.
• Update assessment tools as and when needed.
• Implement in the assessment of persons with disabilities in project area in collaboration with the team.
• Visit households of the children and adults with disability continuously.
• Evaluate condition of persons with disabilities in project area and help the concerned staff to make improvement plan.
• Ensure that necessary available intervention is provided to children and adults with disabilities.
• Facilitate in skill development training and capacity building of children and adults with disabilities and their families.
• Facilitate to develop and conduct awareness and advocacy strategy in relation to the rights of children and adults with disabilities.
Responsibility 4: Monitoring and Supervision
• Supervision of the works of CBRF in the community.
• Monitor and supervise the disability profile and the various disability assessment forms prepared by CBRF.
• Monitor and document the changes in Quality of Life (QoL) children/persons with disabilities of the project areas.
Responsibility 5: Coordination and Communication
• Coordinate with concerned organizations for treatment, assistive devices and other services.
• Coordination with departments/sections within organization for timely and effective implementation of activities and avoid duplication of work.
• Make necessary coordination and networking with concerned stakeholders at district and Palika level.
• Organize regular meeting with the CBRFs and stakeholders and share progress, challenges, learning a way forward.
• Ensure prompt reporting to the province province manager and federal office including challenges, learning, information on local dynamics or any other information that is relevant to project implementation and maintain regular communication with coordinator
Responsibility 6: Reporting and Documentation
• Maintain documentation and record of all Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program works.
• Ensure profile of children and adults with disabilities and other documents are properly maintained by CBRF in each Palikas.
• Report the on-going development progress of Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program works
• Ensure timely submission of plan and report to the Province manager.
• Update and document current national as well as international initiatives and trend on CBR and prevention of disability related issues and share with NFDN team as and when necessary
Responsibility 7: Other
• Provides assistance in other NFDN projects whenever asked
• Coordinate with all NFDN staff as and when necessary
• other responsibilities as assigned by the coordinator
- Physical Demands
Visit regularly to program areas as and when required.
- Having motorcycle driving license is necessary.
- Preferred qualifications and experience:
- At east Bachelor’s degree in Humanity, Social Science, management or any field as per recognized the Nepal government. (Sociology or disability study is preferred).
- Having Nepali Citizenship.
- Sound skills and knowledge of operating basic computer office packages (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power-point) with good skills of internet, email and social media.
- Good verbal communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Skill on using data collection and analysis tools is desirable.
- Good presentation skills in both Nepali and English language.
- Good skills in coordination, team play and rapport building with diverse stakeholders such as government, OPDs, CBOs at community and province level.
- Good skills on activity planning and coordination, implementation, reporting and documentation
- Good skills for reporting by using given tools and format.
- Basic training facilitating skills on the various issues of disabilities with special focus to advocacy, access to justice and accessibility.
- At least three year of professional working experience in the sector of disability rights promotion in the province level with a proven experience of activism on the rights of marginalized community.
- Good experience of advocacy work, coordination with local and provincial government authorities.
- Sound experience of working with various disabled peoples’ organizations or group of people with disabilities the at community level.
- Good experience of working with different impairment groups at province level.
- How to apply:
Interested candidate are requested to drop their CV with hand written application, PP size photograph, citizenship with academic and experience documents by 24th of January 2023 at NFDN province no. -1 Biratnagar in between 10:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. or send mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.nfdn.org.np for more information.
- Salaries and other benefits: – As per organizational rule.
The last date for submitting application: 24th January 2023, 4 PM.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Qualified and Competent Persons with Disabilities or his/her family, Women, Dalits and people from marginalized communities will be given special privilege.