National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 330 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN is seeking qualified personnel for the following position to work in its province office Surkhet
- Position: Program Officer
Number of Staffs Needed: 1 (One)
Duty Station: NFDN’s Province Office – Surkhet, Karnali Province, with frequent field visits in the districts or respective province as per need of programs and projects to be implemented by NFDN in the province.
Required qualification, skills and experiences
- At least Bachelor degree in any discipline (Management, Sociology or disability study is preferred)
- At least 2 years working experiences of NGO or social sector in leading position with a proven experience of working with marginalized community. (experience on disability related program management or implementation is preferred)
- Having experience or interested to work in community level
- Strong communication, coordination and team building skills
- Strong knowledge of proposal writing, program planning, monitoring and reporting
- Good enough capacity to understand and communicate in English and writing as well.
- Good enough capacity to speak and writing in Nepali language (ability to speak other local languages will be preferred)
- Good knowledge and skill in data and information collection, documentation, and presentation with the appropriate format.
- Good knowledge in disability, its various dimensions, rights-based approach, disability-related international legal frameworks, CRPD, disability-specific laws and policies, Sustainable Development Goals, etc.
- Good computer skill in operating basic computer programs such as MS office packs with email and internet handling
- Skillful in searching for information on the internet, operating social media, making news and activity reports when needed.
- Knowledge and experience of day-to-day office operation, administrative work, document verification, organizing meeting, writing minutes, record keeping, staff monitoring etc.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work as the key focal person of the province office of NFDN under the supervision and monitoring of the federal office of NFDN.
- Lead overall management and day to day operation of programs, projects of province office
- Support province office to develop program/project proposal, organize a meeting with partners, and present the proposal.
- Prepare a Program/project implementation plan for the province office and ensure that the plan is implemented effectively.
- Support to develop the capacities of member Disabled Peoples Organizations (DPOs) of the respective province in advocacy, good governance, leadership, office management, documentation, participation in the close coordination with the province committee.
- Enhance the capacity of NFDN’s province office in terms of its effective management, good governance, and performance.
- Lead the day to day administrative work of the province office, documentation, document verification, record keeping, staff mobilization, and staff monitoring
- Produce annual reports of province-level programs, periodic project or activity report,s and submit to the relevant agencies (such as federal office, province board, partners, government agencies, etc.)
- Monitor the project activities and guide the project staffs as per the observation
- Support the province committee for making advocacy plans and strategies, implementation, documentation, and follow-up.
- Produce report, news, case studies, and publish in the official website and social media of NFDN in the consensus of federal office.
- Work other jobs as designated by federal or province committee.
- How to Apply
Interested candidates have to do as following to apply;
- a) Fill the short form attached and To download the form please click here.
- b) Submit a Cover Application letter and Updated CV
- c) Submit all documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last date of submission: 10th January 2021.
Note: Qualified and Competent Persons with Disabilities, Women, Dalits, and people from marginalized communities will be given special privileges.