National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 330 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN has been working for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities by contributing for disability inclusive development, ensuring representation of persons with disabilities in decision making process, capacity building of Disabled Peoples’ Organizations (DPOs) and other stakeholders, implementation of CRPD and disability specific national legal frameworks and awareness raising on disability rights. As the representative of most marginalized community NFDN is recognized as the pioneer and facilitator for bringing disability related policies and laws in Nepal.
NFDN is seeking a qualified staff on the following positions and interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply under the following TOR.
1. Position: Province Project Officer
Number of Staffs Needed: One for province office
Duty Station: NFDN’s province office Birendranagar (Karnali Province)
A. Required qualification, skills and experiences
- At east Bachelor degree in Humanity, Social Science and management (Sociology or disability study is preferred).
- At least one year working experiences in social sector in leading position with a proven experience of working with marginalized community. (Experience on disability related program management or implementation is preferred).
- Having experience of working with community level stakeholders such as municipalities or rural municipalities .
- Strong interpersonal skills, advisory skills to build capacity, networking skills, coordination and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and skills of documentation, data collection, reporting and management.
- Ability to communicate both in English and Nepali language. Both spoken and written skills should be there.
- Ability to work together with province and local government stakeholders, NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Basic knowledge in disability, rehabilitation of persons with disabilities, disability related international legal frameworks, CRPD, disability specific laws and policies, Sustainable Development Goals etc.
- Good computer knowledge in various MS office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and email/internet handlings.
- Skillful in searching information in internet, operating social media, making news and activity and periodic reports when needed.
- Knowledge and experience of day to day office operation, administrative work, document verification, organizing meeting, writing minutes, record keeping etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and prepare good quality reports and other publications.
- Good experience in organization and individual capacity strengthening and conducting training for diverse target groups.
- Skills on community led-participatory assessment/analysis and action.
B. Key duties and responsibilities
- S/He will lead the project as focal person under the project supported by Humanity and Inclusion (HI) at province office of NFDN.
- S/He will maintain strong working relationship with federal office focused on project related activities to implement program in province level.
- Prepare Program/project implementation plan for province office under the HI supported project and submit to federal office.
- Gather province level information on disability status, DPOs movement and various information on disability as needed by province office and federal office.
- Gather the information on health and rehabilitation issues of persons with disabilities from the various municipalities and rural municipalities and support province office to make advocacy strategy and agendas.
- Support to make advocacy strategy on the issues of health and rehabilitation of persons with disabilities for the province office in the close consultation with federal project coordinator and province board.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to implement the health and rehabilitation related advocacy strategy in the close consultation and guidance of federal project coordinator and province board.
- Establish relationship with related stakeholders in the province and involved in health and rehabilitation
- Collect reports, public commitments, evidences and data related to the project implementation, its progress and results in the given format and send it to federal office.
- Proactively update regular reporting to province board and federal office about the progress of the project activities under the planned reporting deadline and given reporting format and tools.
- Support province committee or designated advocacy focal person from board and responsible for making advocacy plans and strategies, its implementation and documentation and follow-up.
- Collection of case stories/follow-up on disability issues and documentation at province level and update to federal office.
- Other organizational task and responsibilities as team member as assigned by the province board or federal office.
2. Position: Local Focal Person
Number of Focal Person needed: Three, one in each district.
Duty Station: Damak (Jhapa), Bhimeswor (Dolakha), Tansen (Palpa)
Required qualification, skills, and experiences
- Completed Minimum +12 or with the ability to communicate, read, write reports, and preferably basic understanding of English and good writing skills in Nepali.
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Basic knowledge and understanding on the issue related to person with disability and disability related policy and legal frameworks.
- Personal experience in living and working with disability community will be in priority
- Well connected with local Disabled People’s Organization, local governments or self-help group in the district
- Basic knowledge on the rights of people with disabilities.
- Networking and coordination skills with partners, local level stakeholders and co-workers.
- Skill and knowledge of drafting and dispatching letters.
- Good knowledge on MS Office (Word, Excel, Power point) email and internet.
- A person having working experience in disability field will be in priority.
- Basic knowledge on Project Management, reporting, data collection, data management.
- Good skill in organizing and user friendly training session, interactions, meetings, orientations, workshops etc.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Lead the project’s activities as focal person under the project supported by The Asia Foundation in the designated Municipalities.
- Work as the main supporting hand of the project team and motivate people with disabilities and their families for social inclusion activities.
- Frequent visit to project implementation area and also take initiation during visit with concerned advocacy agenda related to the health and economic rights of persons with disabilities.
- Work and coordinate with local municipalities and other stakeholders for the inclusion of disability agendas in the policy, program and budget with special focus to the health, livelihood and economic empowerment of persons with disabilities.
- Assist team leaders for preparation and planning for the advocacy and social inclusion activities.
- Inspire and build relationships with the partner organizations and member organizations of NFDN and other stakeholders as per need.
- Actively engage on advocacy activities for disability right and social inclusion.
- Actively participate in developing advocacy plan and raise awareness on disability and social inclusion in local level.
- Transmission of message focusing on “how” disability inclusion through advocacy in local level and assess the result.
- Work under regular coordination with project team.
- Maintain regular communication and coordination with local DPOs and project team.
- Establish working relationship and organize meetings with concerned stakeholders.
- Monitor and support inclusion in practice.
- Support during workshops, training, orientation, advocacy meetings and interaction.
- Prepare reports of works done under the project and facilitates the effective implementation of the planned activities.
- Prepare advocacy materials, periodic plan and other written document.
3. How to Apply
Interested candidates has to complete the following application process.
- Fill the short form and send it to us in the given mail address. To download the form please click here.
- Submit a Cover Application letter and your Updated CV
- Submit all three documents (short form, cover application letter and updated CV) via email in firstname.lastname@example.org
- The last date for submitting application : 30th July,2021
- Each candidate should clearly mention the name of position and duty station where he or she wants to apply in the cover letter and in subject line of the email as well.
- One candidate can apply for only one position.
- The application submitted without mentioning the name of position for which he/she wants to apply for and the place where he/she wants to apply will automatically be disqualified. If the candidate apply for more than one position, it will also be disqualified.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Qualified and Competent Persons with Disabilities, Women, Dalits and people from marginalized communities will be given special privilege.