National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 331 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN has been working for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities by contributing for disability inclusive development, ensuring representation of persons with disabilities in decision making process, capacity building of Disabled Peoples’ Organizations (DPOs) and other stakeholders, implementation of CRPD and disability specific national legal frameworks and awareness raising on disability rights. As the representative of most marginalized community NFDN is recognized as the pioneer and facilitator for bringing disability related policies and laws in Nepal.
NFDN is seeking a qualified staff to work as Provincial Advocacy Coordinator. All interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply under the following TOR.
POSITION: PROVINCIAL ADVOCACY COORDINATOR
Number of Staff: Two (2)
Duty Station: Province-1 Biratnagar, Madhesh Province Janakpur
Required Qualification, Skills:
- At least Bachelor degree in Humanity, Social Science and management (Sociology or disability study is preferred).
- Having Nepali Citizenship
- Sound skills and knowledge of operating basic computer office packages (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power-point) with good skills of internet, email and social media.
- Good verbal communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Skill on using data collection and analysis tools is desirable.
- Good presentation skills in both Nepali and English language.
- Good skills in coordination, team play and rapport building with diverse stakeholders such as government, OPDs, CBOs at community and province level.
- Good skills on activity planning and coordination, implementation, reporting and documentation
- Good skills for reporting by using given tools and format.
- Basic training facilitating skills on the various issues of disabilities with special focus to advocacy, access to justice and accessibility.
- At least one years of professional working experience in the sector of disability rights promotion in province level with a proven experience of activism on the rights of marginalized community.
- Good experience of advocacy work, coordination with local and provincial government authorities.
- Sound experience of working with various disabled peoples’ organizations or group of people with disabilities at community level.
- Good experience of working with different impairment groups at province level.
- Good knowledge about advocacy, rights of persons with disabilities, problems that person with disabilities are facing at local level.
- Proven knowledge on legal frameworks and advocacy strategies pertaining accessibility and access to justice.
- Knowledge on the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Well informed about the human rights and OPDs’ movement of Nepal and its dynamic.
- General information about National Federation of the Disabled Nepal and its interventions
- Good knowledge and information about national policies and legal frameworks on disability, disability specific entitlements.
- Well informed about the province level disability specific laws, policies and services that the province government has been providing to the persons with disabilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the day-to-day implementation of the project related activities allocated to the province as the key focal person for the project called “Include Us” in coordination with province program officer, working committee, project related task forces.
- Develop detail implementation plan of the activity allocated to province in the close consultation and guidance of national project coordinator.
- Carry out the planned activities at province level and selected municipalities.
- Prepare periodic reports and collect activity related data, information and cases from province and project implementing municipalities under the supervision of national project coordinator.
- Submit different periodic reports to NFDN federal office and province working committee.
- Coordinate and support to the province level project related task forces or committee and province working committee to develop advocacy strategy, plan and to implement it.
- Coordinate with different government and non-government stakeholders to ensure and increase their engagement and contribution in the project activities.
- Conduct, facilitate and support to implement various trainings, orientations and awareness programs at province level.
- Carry out any other activities related to the project as designated by NFDN province board, national project coordinator and provincial program officer.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates has to complete the following application process.
- a) Fill the short form and send it to us in the given mail address. To download the form please click here.
b) Submit a Cover Application letter and your Updated CV
c) Submit all three documents (short form, cover application letter and updated CV) via email in firstname.lastname@example.org
The last date for submitting application : 24th March, 2022
The application submitted without mentioning the name of position for which he/she wants to apply for and the place where he/she wants to apply will automatically be disqualified. If the candidate apply for more than one position, it will also be disqualified.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.
Qualified and Competent Persons with Disabilities, Women, Dalits and people from marginalized communities will be given special privilege.