National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 330 member organizations throughout the country. As the pioneer of the disability rights movement in Nepal NFDN has been working in disability rights promotion since 1993 with its key working strategy – Advocacy, Awareness, Capacity Building, and Networking & Collaboration.
NFDN is going to implement a project “Disability and SGBV – Building Capacities Against Sexual and Gender Based Violence in Nepal” in partnership with MyRight in Nepal and seeking qualified personnel for the position of Project Coordinator and Project Assistant to work in Kathmandu based federal office of NFDN. Interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply under the following TOR.
- Position: Project Coordinator
Number of staff needed: 1
Duty Station: NFDN’s Federal Office Kathmandu with frequent field visits as per the need of project.
Required Experience and Academic Qualification
- At least bachelor degree completed (master degree preferred) form management, humanity & social science or any other disciplines (gender study and disability study is preferred).
- At least three years of experiences working on the issues of persons with disabilities, gender issues (gender based violence), access to justice or issues of women rights
- Proven experience of designing or executing advocacy related activities, training/workshop/awareness sessions, on gender issues or gender based violence, disability, women rights issues or on the issues of women/persons with disabilities.
- Proven experience of doing coordination with multiple stakeholders along with government authorities, province court, police offices, local municipalities, media, Disabled Peoples’ Organizations and so on.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge in gender related issues, access to justice, gender based violence and disability rights.
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Nepali
- Good skills and knowledge on handling computer program (MS word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Good knowledge in disability rights, disability specific laws, policies and guidelines
- Knowledge on Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Good knowledge and skill on browsing internet, handling e-mail and social media
- Good skills and knowledge on writing advocacy letter, news, event reports, project report, case stories, success case stories etc. (in English and Nepali)
- Good skill on preparing project related data-base, monitoring tools, storing and analyzing project related data in Excel or any other software.
Main Duties and Responsibilities to be performed
- Lead and implement project activities as the main focal person of the project “Disability and SGBV – Building Capacities Against Sexual and Gender Based Violence in Nepal” supported by MyRight.
- Make training packages and advocacy plan for the project and coordinate with federal board, province board and staff, targeted stakeholders, and implement it.
- Make activity implementation plan and execute it in targeted province, municipalities and federal level.
- Develop various tools and formats to collect the project data from province and federal level.
- Develop monitoring and reporting tools and format for regular reporting to the authorities of NFDN and MyRights.
- Support to make advocacy strategy to the board of NFDN to influence various targeted stakeholders of province (Social Development Ministry, Province Court, Province Police), district and municipalities.
- Prepare periodic reports and submit to the relevant authorities and MyRight.
- Prepare case studies of achievements and results and ensure that all results and achievements, outputs and results are properly documented.
- Ensure that all activities are properly implemented according to the plan and budget and all supporting documents are collected.
- Monitor the regular activities of province and collect the qualitative and quantities data of progress by using the indicators.
- Communicate with MyRight through regular monthly meetings.
2. Position: Project Assistant
Number of staff needed: 1
Duty Station: NFDN’s Federal Office Kathmandu
Required qualification, skills and experiences
- Completed Minimum 10+2 or equivalent (preferred bachelor degree running or completed).
- Good Skill and knowledge of filing and recording keeping
- Good verbal and written skill of communication in Nepali.
- Fluent in computer typing in Nepali and English (Including Unicode)
- Good in handling basic computer programs (Ms. Word, Excel, Powerpoint), email and internet
- Skill and knowledge of letter writing, note making, preparing program schedule,
- Having good knowledge in disability issues
- Person having working experience in disability field will be in priority
- Skill and knowledge of drafting and dispatching letters
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work as the main supporting hand of the project coordinator for the day to day business of project.
- Handle the secretarial works (receiving phone calls, checking mails, delivering the message as instructed by project coordinator, managing meeting schedule, drafting letter, entering data and typing report or documentation, keeping records, filing etc.) as per the guidance and direction of project coordinator.
- Carry out the work related to banking (deposit and collection of cheque or cash, collection of different bank statements, etc.) and letter dispatching related to the project.
- Support to the project coordinator and board member for management while conducting training, orientation, advocacy meetings, interaction, and workshops.
- Collect information and documents needed for reporting and prepare the draft reports when necessary as per the guidance of the project coordinator.
- Carry out necessary official fieldwork, logistic related work as per the direction of project coordinator.
- How to Apply
Interested candidates has to do as following to apply:
- Fill the short form and send it to us in the given mail address. To download the form please click here.
- Submit a Cover Application letter and your Updated CV
- Submit all three documents (short form, cover application letter and updated CV) via email in email@example.com
- Last date of submission: 15th December 2020.
Each candidate should clearly mention the name of position which he/she wants to apply in the cover letter and in subject line of the email as well.
Note: Competent Persons with Disabilities, Women, Dalits and people from marginalized communities will be given special privilege.