VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT for knowledge management officer (KMO)
National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 330 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN has been working for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities by contributing for disability inclusive development, ensuring representation of persons with disabilities in decision making process, capacity building of Disabled Peoples’ Organizations (DPOs) and other stakeholders, implementation of CRPD and disability specific national legal frameworks and awareness raising on disability rights. As the representative of most marginalized community NFDN is recognized as the pioneer and facilitator for bringing disability related policies and laws in Nepal. NFDN announces this open call to hire a qualified and competent staff for the following positions in the project “Include Us” supported by CBM and requests interested eligible candidates to apply according to the given details and guidelines.
Number of Staff: One (1)
Duty Station: NFDN federal office Kathmandu with frequent field visit in project implementing province and municipalities.
- At least Bachelor Degree from renowned university in Humanity, Social Science or Management Having Nepali Citizenship. Master Degree will be preferable.
- At least two years of professional working experience in documentation and knowledge management.
- Good Experience of writing case stories, documentation of qualitative and quantitative data from the project implementing field.
- Experience of data classification, analysis and presentation
Required Knowledge and skill:
- Good knowledge about human rights instruments, issues and rights of persons with disabilities.
- Good knowledge on the process of documentation (audio, visual, print etc.) of activities, outputs, results, impacts.
- General information about National Federation of the Disabled Nepal and its interventions
- Good knowledge on the diversity of disability and its dynamic.
- Knowledge on accessible or alternative documentation process.
- Required Skills
- Sound skills and knowledge of operating basic computer office packages (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power-point) with good skills of handling internet, email and social media.
- Good verbal communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Good writing and presentation skills in English and Nepali
- Good skills report writing and designing formats and tools for the data collection.
- Good skills on handling cameras (still and movie) and capturing data.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the day to day documentation of the various activities of the projects and organization
- Develop detail document plan and implement it in the coordination with project/program focal persons and advocacy groups.
- Develop documentation tools, techniques and easy to read materials as per required.
- Collect all project and program related data and information of the organization and organize, classify, store it as well as analyze and present when needed.
- Document the outputs, outcomes and impact of various projects in qualitative and quantitative forms.
- Make case stories, prepare different periodic reports for the organizations in the close consultation and guidance of Project Coordinator and Admin Manager.
- Manage NFDN website, write content to upload in web site and upload it.
- Manage the library of NFDN
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates has to do as said following to apply
- Download the short form by clicking here and fill it out electronically.
- Write an application letter in English.
- Submit the Application Letter, completed Short Form, latest CV in the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last date for submission: January 25, 2022
- Any application submitted without mentioning the name of person, position to apply and crossing the deadline will be disqualified.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.
Qualified and Competent persons with disabilities, women, dalit and persons from other marginalized community will be given special privilege.