Vacancy Announcement for the Position of Admin Manager
Position : Administrative Manager (Admin Manager)
NFDN is looking for an Administrative Manager, hereinafter called “Admin Manager”, to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for NFDN. The Admin Manager will be tasked with developing programs to support the strategic direction of NFDN, as well as creating and managing long-term goals. This position will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) works for the protection, promotion, and guaranteeing the rights and interests of persons with disabilities in Nepal. It works following its working strategies: Advocacy, Awareness raising, Capacity building, Networking & Collaboration throughout the country. As a pioneer organization of the disability movement in Nepal, NFDN has been leading disability rights movements in Nepal since 1993. Internationally, NFDN is the member of Disabled Peoples’ International (DPI). NFDN has very influential and proactive roles for formulating, changing and implementing disability-related legal provisions, and building the leadership and advocacy capacity of Organisations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs) in Nepal. It has strong network through 7 province committees and the member OPDs in 76 districts. There is good cooperation with different government and non-government stakeholders.
NFDN is implementing multi-year projects in partnership collaboration with the Nepal Government, DPOD Denmark, FFO Norway, CBM, UNDP, and various development partners for the protection of human rights and advancing inclusion of persons with disabilities in Nepal. The motto of NFDN showcases its commitment towards “nothing about us without us”. The long term program of NFDN envisioned as containing two levels of operation; first strengthening capacity of OPDs and government stakeholders, and fostering disability inclusion following CRPD and disability specific targets in 2030 agendas of SDG having maintained spirit of Leaving no one Behind”.
It is realized essential to administering the work of NFDN and its countrywide network of OPDs thus the job of Admin Manager is positioned in NFDN. Under this job Description, the Admin Manager shall function as a professional operational and program manager with responsibility for directing the activities of other projects, admin, and finance-related staff in the coordination and management of the Secretary-General and working committee of NFDN under various administrative activities and administering a program of NFDN. The Admin Manager works within general methods and procedures and exercises considerable independent judgment to select proper courses of action. The work requires knowledge of disability-related legislation, CRPD and SDG targets, policies, procedures, and regulations of administrative and organizational programs of NFDN, and supervisory techniques, HR policies, and procedures.
Roles and Responsibility of the Admin Manager
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall be responsible to implement the approved policy, strategies, guidelines, programs, and decisions made by the AGM and federal Committee of NFDN thus transcribing the overall mission into action throughout the NFDN structure and countrywide network.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall oversee and be responsible for the overall day-to-day management of NFDN..
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall follow up and coordinate the organization’s activities, and oversee periodic financial status (monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual).
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall supervise the performance of all staff members and provide necessary guidance for enhancing efficiency if so required.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall take appropriate decisions to select and appoint consultants, and vendors in compliance with existing regulations and procures within the framework of the Financial and HR Manual as required for NFDN programs and projects approved by the federal Committee.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall ensure compliance with NFDN Human Resource Manual/Regulation, and Financial Manual/Regulations and systems in place.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall administer to ensure good governance in the overall performance of NFDN through sufficient transparency, accountability, integrity, and fair practices.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall do the needful within the approved framework to mobilize resources from government agencies, and development partners (both internal and external).
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall lead the planning and implementation of the projects and activities together with other project-related staff and federal board members (Provincial and Federal levels).
- The Admin Manager acts as a coordinator between multiple projects of NFDN under various development partners, to be sure they’re benefiting each other and aligning with overall project goals, however, do not directly oversee individual projects.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall liaison with development partners and other international agencies within the jurisdiction as agreed by the federal Committee. Also, Identify the area program interventions aligned to the current national and international need for disability inclusion and duly identifies the funding agency for achieving the goal.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall support the working committee to take necessary actions for mitigating and safeguarding the possible fiduciary risks.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall have to develop the long-term and short-term strategy and plan and program for accomplishing the overall objectives and goals and submit them to Executive Committee for approval. Formulate the annual plan and budget and present in the working committee/ federal committee for endorsement.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall have to introduce new innovations, potential funds, resources, and good practices for the overall development and management of NFDN within the specific scope of policy advocacy.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall monitor all the publications and website contents of NFDN to meet the standard under the IT policy of NFDN.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall work closely under the overall supervision of the General Secretary while dealing with strategic issues, policy, and plan and budget formulation.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall submit a quarterly report to the General Secretary to be submitted in the federal committee meeting.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall make periodic reporting on monthly basis to the General Secretary in a quarterly basis.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall develop and orient the monitoring and evaluation indicators, tools, template, and framework as per the project requirements and activities.
- The ADMIN MANAGER shall share the brief status of the project implementation in the meeting of the working committee and the central committee if required.
- Master’s degree in development studies/disability study/ management/ social science/ or any similar discipline with at least 10 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Demonstrate high-level experiences in modern approaches to change management, project management, partnership program, network building, and resource mobilization,
- Highly experienced in developing policy framework, restructuring and structural options, action plans, guidelines, and capacity to promote disability-inclusive development in compliance with UNCRPD and other policies and protocols.
- Experienced working with different ministries so to build a collaborative approach to extend government plan of action into practice.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills,
- Excellent knowledge of English, Nepali, and local languages.
- Experiences of working with OPDs would be an added advantage.
Salary and Benefit: As per the rules and regulations of the organization.
Application Deadline: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the Admin Manager position of NFDN by 23 February 2023.
The shortlisted candidates will be informed about the dates of written and in-person interviews.
Application Procedure: Interested and eligible candidates for the position of Admin Manager are requested to send their application to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the attachment of the following documents.
- a) Application letter expressing willingness to apply for the Admin Manager. If you have any type of disability, please mentioned it in your application letter.
- b) PAN registration number and Citizenship certificate.
- c) Latest Photograph.
- d) Updated bio-data (resume) with the email and contact details of two referees.
- e) Two-page Workplan based on the Job Description if selected for the position of Admin Manager of NFDN.
All interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply the required documents during office hours by 5:00 PM, 23 February 2023 addressing;
Note: Since NFDN is a cross-disability umbrella organization of people with disabilities, it encourages qualified persons with disabilities and persons from the marginalized community for the position.
No phone call will be entertained and the application without completing any of the above-mentioned processes will be disqualified. NFDN’s working committee holds the right of final decision for the selection.