National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 331 member organizations throughout the country. This organization works for the rights promotion NFDN is seeking for qualified personnel for the following positions to work in its province offices of Biratnagar (Province 1), Janakpur (Province 2), Pokhara (Gandaki Province), Butwal (Province 5), Birendranagar (Karnali Province) and Dhangadhi (SudurPaschim Province).
A. Position: Province Project Officer
Number of Staffs Needed: 6 (Six) – One for each province office
Duty Station:NFDN’s province offices Biratnagar (Province 1), Janakpur (Province 2), Pokhara (Gandaki Province), Butwal (Province 5), Birendranagar (Karnali Province) and Dhangadhi (SudurPaschim Province).
Required qualification, skills and experiences
- At least Bachelor degree Management, Humanity and Social Science (Management, Sociology or disability study is preferred).
- At leastone year working experiences social sector in leading position with a proven experience of working with marginalized community. (experience on disability related program management or implementation is preferred).
- Having experience of working with community level stakeholders such as Palikas.
- Strong communication, documentation, coordination and team building skills.
- Strong knowledge and skills of documentation, data collection and management.
- Able to communicate in English and Nepali (written and verbal)
- Good knowledge and skill to deal with province and local government stakeholders, NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Basic knowledge in disability, rehabilitation of persons with disabilities, disability related international legal frameworks, CRPD, disability specific laws and policies, Sustainable Development Goals etc.
- Good computer skill in operating basic computer programs such as MS office packs with email and internet handling
- Skillful in searching information in internet, operating social media, making news and activity and periodic reports when needed.
- Knowledge and experience of day to day office operation, administrative work, document verification, organizing meeting, writing minutes, record keeping, staff monitoring etc.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work as the project focal person under the project supported by Humanity and Inclusion (HI)at province office of NFDN.
- Coordinate and manage the project related activities focused by federal office to implement at province level.
- Prepare Program/project implementation plan for province office under the HI supported project and submit to federal office.
- Gather province level information on disability status, DPOs movement and various information on disability as needed by province office and federal office.
- Gather the information on health rehabilitation issues of persons with disabilities from the various Palikas and support province office to make advocacy strategy and agendas.
- Support to make advocacy strategy on the issues of health and rehabilitation of persons with disabilities for the province office in the close consultation with federal project coordinator and province board.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to implement thehealth and rehabilitation related advocacy strategy in the close consultation and guidance of federal project coordinator and province board.
- Collect reports, public commitments, evidences and data related to the project implementation, its progress and results in the given format and send it to federal office.
- Carry out regular reporting to province board and federal office about the progress of the project activities under the planned reporting deadline and given reporting format and tools.
- Support federal committee or designated advocacy focal person from board making advocacy plan and strategies, implementation, documentation and follow-up.
- Collect case studies on disability issues and document it at province level and also submit it to federal office.
- Do other organizational task as the team member as designated by the province board.
C. How to Apply
- Interested candidates has to do as following to apply
a) Fill the short form and send it to us in the given mail address. To download the form please click here.
b) Submit a Cover Application letter and your Updated CV
c) Submit all three documents (short form, cover application letter and updated CV) via email in firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last date of submission : 20th January 2020
- Each candidate should clearly mention the name of position and duty station where he or she wants to apply in the cover letter and in subject line of the email as well.
- One candidate can apply for only one position.
- The application submitted without mentioning the name of position for which he/she wants to apply for and applying for more than one position, will automatically be disqualified.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be called for written test and interview.Qualified andCompetent Persons with Disabilities, Women, Dalits and people from marginalized communities will be given special privilege.