Published Date: 2nd november 2023
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR FIELD SUPERVISOR
National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 400 members organizations throughout the country. NFDN has been working for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities by contributing for disability inclusive development, ensuring representation of persons with disabilities in decision making process, capacity building of Disabled Peoples’ Organizations (OPDs) and other stakeholders, implementation of CRPD and disability specific national legal frameworks and awareness raising on disability rights. As the representative of most marginalized community NFDN is recognized as the pioneer and facilitator for bringing disability related policies and laws in Nepal.
NFDN is seeking a qualified staff on following positions so, interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply under the following TOR.
- POSITION: FIELD SUPERVISOR
Number of Staffs Needed: 1 (One)
Duty Station: NFDN’s Province Office – Koshi Province, with frequent field visits in the districts as per need of program.
To support effective implementation of Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Program in Koshi Province.
Responsibility 1: Leadership and Management
- Support the field officer for the implementation of Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Program.
- Provide technical and managerial support to all OPD’s and Milijuli Groups.
- Build capacity of all OPD’s, Milijuli Groups through short-term training on all OPD’s, Milijuli Groups and on-site coaching.
Responsibility 2: Planning
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly work plan
- Compile Palika level data.
- Ensure rehabilitation goal and plan has been developed for all the identified persons with disabilities in coordination with CBRFs.
Responsibility 3: Implementation
- To support all activities implemented by the local government, ministry of social development, karuna foundation and NFDN through the DPRP.
- To ensure meaningful participation of OPDs and milijuli groups member on planning process and other activities implementation by the local level.
- Support in collecting /compiling data of Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Program.
- Prepare and update list of OPDs and Milijuli Groups with disabilities of the project areas.
- Visiting the homes and families of people with disabilities affected by violence.
- Facilitate in skill development training and capacity building of OPDs as per need.
- Facilitate to develop and conduct awareness and advocacy in relation to the rights of disabilities.
Responsibility 4: Monitoring and Supervision
- Supervision of the works of OPDs and Milijuli Groups.
- To ensure and monitoring to local level OPDs who Grant received and implementation situation.
Responsibility 5: Coordination and Communication
- Coordinate with concerned organizations for treatment ,assistive devices and other services
- Make necessary coordination and networking with concerned stakeholders at district and Palika level.
- Organize regular meeting with the OPDs and stakeholders and share progress, challenges, learning a way forward.
- To involve OPDs meeting and necessary support if needed.
- Ensure prompt reporting to the Filed Officer including challenges, learning, information on local dynamics or any other information that is relevant to project implementation and maintain regular communication and coordination.
Responsibility 6: Reporting and Documentation
- Maintain documentation and record of all Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation program works.
- Ensure timely submission of plan and report to the Field Officer.
Responsibility 7: Other
- Provides assistance in other NFDN projects whenever need.
- Coordinate with all NFDN staff as and when necessary.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the field officer.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Visit regularly to program areas as and when required.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least Bachelor completed.
- Having Nepali Citizenship.
- Sound skills and knowledge of operating basic computer office packages (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power-point) with good skills of internet, email and social media.
- Good verbal communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Skill on using data collection and analysis tools is desirable.
- Good presentation skills in both Nepali and English language.
- Good skills in coordination, team play and rapport building with diverse stakeholders such as government, OPDs, local stakeholders at community and province level.
- Good skills on activity planning and coordination, implementation, reporting and documentation.
- Good skills for reporting by using given tools and format.
- Basic training facilitating skills on the various issues of disabilities with special focus to advocacy, access to justice and accessibility.
- At least Two year of professional working experience in the sector of disability rights promotion in the province level with a proven experience of activism on the rights of marginalized community.
- Good experience of advocacy work, coordination with local and provincial government authorities.
- Having motorcycle driving license.
- HOW TO APPLY:
Candidate will apply the following address within the timeline so, Interested candidates has to complete the following application process.
For apply email address :- email@example.com or drop your documents in Koshi Province, Biratnagar office.
Required document:- Application, Bio-data, PP size updated photo, Educational qualification certificate, citizenship and training and experience certificate photocopy.
The last date for submitting application: 8 November 2023.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Qualified and Competent Persons with Disabilities or his/her family, Women, Dalits, training recipients of Nepali Sign Language and people from marginalized communities will be given special privilege.