National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 335 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN is seeking for qualified personnel for the following position to work in its federal and province offices:
Kathmandu (Federal office)Pokhara (Gandaki province) and Butwal (Province 5)
A. Position: Project Coordinator
Number of staff needed: 1
Duty Station: NFDN’s Federal Office Kathmandu with frequent field visits as the need of programs and project.
Required Experience and Academic Qualification
- At least bachelor degree completed (master degree preferred) form sociology, management and disability studies or any subjects of humanity and social science.
- At least three years of experiences working on the issues of persons with disabilities or on the issues of marginalized community such as women, children, dalit, poor and so on.
- Proven experience of designing or executing advocacy related activities.
- Proven experience of doing coordination with multiple stakeholders along with government authorities.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and Nepali
- Good skills and knowledge on handling computer program (MS word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Good knowledge and skill on browsing internet, handling e-mail and social media
- Good skills and knowledge on writing reports, case stories, success case stories, news etc. (in English and Nepali)
- Good skill on handling database in Excel and analyse it.
Main Duties and Responsibilities to be performed
- Lead and implement project activities as the main focal person of the rehabilitation project supported by Handicap International.
- Make advocacy plan for the project and coordinate with federal board and province board and province focal person to conduct the advocacy.
- Make activity implementation plan and execute it in province and federal level in coordination with federal board and province board.
- Develop various tools and formats to collect the project data from province and national level.
- Develop reporting tools and format for regular reporting to the authorities of NFDN and Handicap international.
- Support to make advocacy strategy to the board of NFDN to influence the ministry of health and population at federal level and Ministry of Social Development at province level to bring a comprehensive rehabilitation policies on disability.
- Prepare periodic reports and submit to the relevant authorities.
- Prepare case studies of achievements and results and ensure that all results and achievements, outputs and results are properly documented.
- Ensure that all activities are properly implemented according to the plan and budget and all supporting documents are collected.
- Monitor the regular activities of province and collect the data of progress
B. Position: Program Officer
Number of Staffs Needed: 2 (1 in each province office)
Duty Station: NFDN’s Province Office – Pokhara and Butwal with frequent field visit too as the need of programs and project
Required qualification, skills and experiences
- At least Bachelor degree in any discipline (with preference to management, sociology or disability study)
- At least 2 years working experiences in NGO sector leading position. (experience on disability related program management or implementation will be preferred)
- Having experience or interested to work in community level
- Strong communication, coordination and team building skills
- Strong knowledge of proposal writing, program planning, monitoring and reporting
- Good enough capacity to understand and speak in English speaking and writing
- Good enough capacity to speak and writing in Nepali language (ability to speak other local language will be preferred)
- Good knowledge and skill in data and information collection, documentation and presentation with appropriate format.
- Good knowledge in disability, its new dimensions, rights based approach, disability related international legal framework, CRPD, disability specific laws and policies, Sustainable Development Goals etc.
- Good computer skill in operating basic computer programs such as MS office packs with email and internet handling
- Skillful in searching information in internet, operating social media, making news and activity reports when needed.
- Knowledge and experience of day to day office operation, administrative work, document verification, organizing meeting, writing minutes, record keeping, staff monitoring etc,
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work as the key focal person of province office of NFDN under the supervision and monitoring of federal office of NFDN.
- Lead overall management and day to day operation of programs, projects of province office
- Support province office to develop program/project proposal, organize meeting with partners and present the proposal.
- Prepare Program/project implementation plan for province office and ensure that the plan is implemented effectively.
- Support to develop the capacities member Disabled Peoples Organizations (DPOs) of respective province in advocacy, good governance, leadership, participation in the close coordination with the province committee.
- Enhance of capacity of NFDN’s province office in terms of its effective management, good governance and performance.
- Lead the day to day administrative work of the province office, documentation, document verification, record keeping, staff mobilization and staff monitoring
- Produce annual reports of province level programs, periodic project or activity report and submit to the relevant agencies (such as board, partners, government agencies etc.)
- Monitor the project activities and guide the project staffs as per the observation
- Support province committee for making advocacy plan and strategies, implementation, documentation and follow-up.
- Produce report, news, case studies and publish in the official website and social media of NFDN in the consensus of federal office.
- Work other job as designated by federal or province committee.
C. How to Apply
• Interested candidates has to do as following to apply:
- Fill the short form and send it to us in the given mail address. To download the form please click here.
- Submit a Cover Application letter and your Updated CV
- Submit all three documents (short form, cover application letter and updated CV) via email in email@example.com
• Last date of submission: 3rd December 2019 (17 Mangsir 2076)
• Each candidate should clearly mention the name of position and name of province where he or she wants to apply in the cover letter and in subject line of the email as well.
• One candidate can only apply for one province and one post only.
• The application submitted without mentioning the name of federal/province office that he/she wants to apply for and applying for more than one position or province, will automatically be disqualified.
Application Deadline: 3rd December 2019 (17 Mangsir 2076).
Note: Competent Persons with Disabilities, Women, Dalits and people from marginalized communities will be given special privilege.