NFDN, in partnership with CBM Nepal, has been implementing a project “Accessibility for Inclusion” for promoting barrier free environment for persons with disabilities in Kathmandu Metropolitan City and some disaster affected districts. Since this project needs a competent and qualified employee for looking after its finances, we have published this vacancy announcement.
The required positions are going to be fulfilled through the open competition. All eligible, competent and interested Nepalese citizens are requested to apply for the position.
Position: Finance Officer (Full time) – 1
Working Station: NFDN’s Project office, Kathmandu with field visits (as needed)
Required Academic Qualification:
At least bachelor Degree completed (Master degree is preferable) in Management or financial accounting or business studies.
- At least two years’ experience in the position of Finance manager/Officer.
- Very good working experience of handling accounting software
- Very good working experience of budgetary control, financial planning and budgeting
Expected Skills, Knowledge and attitudes
- Experience in leading the financial account keeping, handing accounting software (preferably FAMAS).
- Very good skill of account keeping in standard accounting system.
- Sound Knowledge in budgetary control and financial planning.
- Very good knowledge and skills of handling computer applications such as Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good skill in using internet and email.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Nepali language.
- Positive attitudes towards disability and persons with disabilities.
- Have ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning financial documents.
- Have good planning and coordination skills to ensure a wide variety of activities, often with an urgent nature, to be carried out in an efficient and economic manner.
Main Duties and responsibilities to be performed
- Maintain the records of all financial transactions of the project in the standard accounting system with the help of the software based accounting system.
- Ensure that all the processes and systems to be applied in the financial transactions are followed properly.
- Ensure that all the budget utilization and financial transactions are in line with the plan and agreements and are complying with the organization’s rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all records of financial transactions are approved with adequate supporting documents, bills, invoices and evidences.
- Prepare different periodic financial reports as per the need of organizations and partner as well.
- Submit the financial reports in the given format as per the requirement of the organization and partners.
- Manage the process of the financial Audit as per the agreed period of time.
- Carry out other relevant tasks as designated
Deadline for the submission: Nov 06, 2017
Note: Any telephonic inquiry will not be entertained and only shortlisted candidate will be called for interview.
“Since NFDN is working for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities, the qualified women/persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.”
How to Apply?
You can apply online for this position by clicking the button below. After clicking the button, a new window will open and you will be presented with the application form. Complete the form throughly and submit the application after you have completed.
Note: Deadline to apply for this position has now passed.