National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 335 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN has been working with various partners with Nepal government for promoting and protecting the rights of persons with disabilities since 1993.
In this context, NFDN invites applications from qualified and competent Nepalese candidates for the position of Communication and Documentation Officer (CNDO) with the following job descriptions:
Communication and Documentation Officer (CNDO) – 1.
Nature of contract:
Expected duration of assignment:
Six months with possibility of extension.
Kathmandu with field visit (sometimes)
Required Academic Qualification:
At least Bachelor degree completed in Mass-communication, journalism, media studies, Sociology, Social Science or in any other relevant fields.
Someone who has written and published number(s) of articles/contents both in english and Nepali medium (which may include but not limited to Reports, Proposals, News articles, Web contents, Video Scripts etc) in variety of mediums like Web, Newspaper, Magazines etc.
Full-time/Part-time work experience in development organizations particularly in communication and documentation department is preferred. Internship/Volunteering opportunities may also be considered as work experience.
Expected Skills, Knowledge and attitudes
- Sound knowledge and skills of handling MS word, MS Excel, MS Power-point, Internet, email, social media with excellent typing skill.
- Very good communication skills in both English and Nepali language.
- With background knowledge of disability rights and Personal experience of disability and/or working with people with disabilities is preferred.
- Skills of writing web content, news, reports, articles and documentation of good practices and achievements.
- Knowledge of Graphics, Sound and Visual Editing (desired).
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Proven knowledge on web, documentation and media accessibility (preferred).
Duties and responsibilities to be performed:
- Act as CNDO focal person of the whole organization including CBM funded project.
- Prepare annual report, event reports and communication materials.
- Conduct field visits and do documentation of the success stories, replicable cases, learning and challenges.
- Prepare the appropriate content and other essential materials and upload to our website and social media.
- Provide support where required for meetings and programs including the preparation of agendas, taking and drafting of minutes and others.
- Design and Develop Awareness Strategies, Conduct Awareness related activities and lead the media campaigning.
- Promote culture of two way learning in the organization.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to apply in the position with a written application letter and recently updated CV at our mail address: email@example.com.
Deadline for the submission :
May 03, 2017.
Please note that any telephonic inquiry will not be entertained and only shortlisted candidate will be called for interview.
“Since NFDN is working for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities, the qualified women/persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply including parents of persons with learning/intellectual disability.”