National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is the national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing more than 331 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN is seeking for qualified personnel for the following positions to work in its province No. 1 office Biratnagar.
- Position: Rehabilitation Program Officer
Number of Staffs Needed: 1 (One)
Duty Station: NFDN Province No. 1 Office – Biratnagar, with frequent field visits in the respective district as per need of programs and projects to be implemented by NFDN Province No. 1 office.
Required qualification, skills and experiences
- At least Bachelor degree in any discipline (Management, Sociology, Social Science or disability study is preferred). Preferably master degree in any above mentioned discipline.
- At least 2 years working experiences of NGO or social sector in leading position with a proven experience of working with marginalized community. (Experience on disability concept, policy and related program management or implementation is preferred).
- Having experience or interested to work in community level and national.
- Strong communication, coordination and team building skills.
- Strong knowledge of proposal writing, program planning and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, case study development.
- Good capacity to understand & communicate in English and writing as well.
- Good enough capacity to speak and writing in Nepali language
- Good and strong skill to deal with partners and other stakeholders
- Good knowledge and skill in data and information collection, documentation and presentation with appropriate format.
- Good knowledge in disability, its various dimensions, rights based approach, disability related international legal frameworks, CRPD, disability specific laws and policies, Sustainable Development Goals etc.
- Good computer skill in operating basic computer programs such as MS office packs with email and internet handling
- Skillful in searching information in internet, operating social media, making news, activity and periodic reports when needed.
- Knowledge and experience of day to day office operation, administrative work, document verification, organizing meeting, writing minutes, record keeping etc.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work as the key focal person under the Rehabilitation project of Province No. 1 office of NFDN.
- Management to conduct of concerned programs, projects of Province office.
- Prepare Program/project implementation plan for Province office and ensure that the plan is implemented effectively.
- Lead the day to day administrative work of the Province office, documentation, document verification, record keeping, staff mobilization and staff monitoring.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, semi- annual and annual reports of province level programs, periodic project or activity report and submit to the relevant agencies (such as board, partners, government agencies etc.
- Conduct, Facilitate and support to implement various training, orientation and awareness program at province level.
- Coordinate with different government and non- government stake holders to ensure and increase their engagement and contribution in the project.
- Monitor the project related activities and guide the project as per the observation.
- Support province committee for making rehabilitation plan and strategies, implementation, documentation and follow-up.
- Produce report, news, case studies and publish in the official website and social media of NFDN as per the need of program.
- Work other job as designated by province committee and program Officer.
- How to Apply
- Interested candidates has to do as following to apply
- a) Fill the short form attached and click here to —– short form
- b) Submit a Cover Application letter and Updated CV
- c) Submit all documents via email in email@example.com
- Last date of submission 23rdMarch 2020.
- Each candidate should clearly mention the name of position to apply in the cover letter and in subject line of the email as well.
- The application submitted without mentioning the name of position, will automatically be disqualified.
Note: Qualified and Competent Persons with Disabilities, Women, Dalit and people from marginalized communities will be given special privilege.