National Federation of the Disabled Nepal (NFDN) is national umbrella organization of persons with disabilities representing 336 member organizations throughout the country. NFDN has been working with various partners with Nepal government for promoting and protecting the rights of persons with disabilities since 1993.
Since the year of 2016, NFDN has been implementing a multiyear project titled “Accessibility for Inclusion” in the partnership with CBM and the project is mainly associated with improving accessibility conditions in public infra-structures and facilities for all including persons with different types of disability. Within this project, we are going to prepare a user friendly technical illustrative guide in line with “Accessible physical Infra-structures and communication services directive 2069” and some other international practices.
In this context, NFDN is seeking for the consultancy service from a competent architect or a group of architects/company to prepare the illustrative technical guide as follows:
Duties and responsibilities of the consultant:
- Develop the different illustrations including some relevant photographs/drawings with their short description in line with directive approved by government of Nepal, access audit checklist prepared within this project and some other international practices.
- Finalize the number of illustrations/sketches and other essential matters in the close consultation with NFDN project team and CBM Nepal.
- Provide the job updates by presenting at the meeting of accessibility coordination committee during the development period.
- Prepare the draft of illustrative technical guide and consult with coordination committee and project team before finalize.
Work experience, competency and capacity:
- Proven skills on accessible design and illustrations.
- Knowledge on accessibility standards and universal design principles.
- Knowledge on disability, inclusion or humanitarian system and works.
So, interested individual or groups/companies are requested to submit their hard copy of the following document with cover letter;
- Proposal with financial requirement.
- Copies of the legal documents of company registration in the case of company or group and CV and PAN number in the case of individual.
- Individual’s or company’s profile with the accessibility related work experience , competency and capacity.
Address to submit the proposal :
National Federation of the Disabled Nepal
Central office : Vrikutimandap, Kathmandu, Phone : 014231159
Project office : Anamnagar, Kathmandu, Near Dhobikhola Bridge, Just opposite of the Prabhu Bank, Phone : 014488540
Deadline for submission : October 17, 2017.